Hi all! This simple beanie pattern is available to download for free. You can sew it together in just an hour and have a cute beanie to wear or gift.
It fits a wide range of head sizes for adults or teens, and can be worn rolled up or as a slouchy beanie.
- Print and tape the pattern together, matching the cross hatches up. Choose your size based on the instructions printed on the pattern.
- Cut out your beanie per the instructions on pattern.
- Sew the bottom edges together. Right sides together. Using a zigzag* stitch, or an overlock or serger.
- Going in order, sew the peaks next to each other together one by one. Do this on both sides.
- Sew the long edge together starting at the peak and working down towards the seam. Leaving a 1-2 inch hole to flip the beanie inside out.
- Flip right sides out. And whip stitch the hole closed.
- Choose your outside and inside of the beanie, Then you can wear!
Roll up the bottom of the beanie about 1.5-2 inches for a fitted look. Or lean unrolled for slouchy styles.
This beanie is perfect for our Avalon Knits!
*If you are using a zigzag stitch, I prefer to use a stitch length of 1-2, and a wide zigzag width. You can let one stitch go over the edge when sewing, or catch both edges in the fabric. You can also use a overlock stitch if you prefer that stitch type.